Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Music:
Bratmobile
Julie Ruin

Knitting Project:
Catpuke-orange cabled newsboy cap.

Reaction to the metal presentation:
Wow that was long.
I really liked the Art Metal genre piece. I think part of this has to do with the fact that of all the presentations and all the metal we listened to, that was the one that I was most familiar with. I have never thought about art metal as a genre, I have always just thought slint was indie (and they really are), mogwai post rock, and the shining just plain awesome.

About the Scandinavian metal, I think another factor for the music is seasonal affective disorder. That may seem comical, but when there is only two hours of weak sun a day it affects you more than you would think.

This project made me question how my group did their presentation. After some contemplation and discussion with my group we decided not to make too many changes to our format. Perhaps we will be a little more high tech this time, but we are still committed to saving trees with one handout for the group. Sometimes a project has to be about what you choose not to cover. Protopunk is a much narrower topic than metal so it is easier to craft a shorter presentation, but I am pleased with the way the protopunk project is shaping up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home